Our Agreement with You
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR PAYMENT, AND TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. BY USING OUR SERVICES OR REGISTERING FOR A COURSE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, OR ARE NOT ABLE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT, THEN YOU MAY NOT REGISTER FOR A COURSE, OR USE OUR SERVICES.
Welcome to Pro-Age Aesthetics Academy!
This Agreement ("Terms") sets out the terms and conditions that govern your use of PAAA's products and services (including website services and course content), as well as your registration for any short course or other program/programme ("Course") offered by PAAA (Pro-Age Aesthetics Academy Ltd.). This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties and supersedes and replaces any prior oral or written communications, agreements or understandings between the Parties as to the matters covered hereby.
The following words and phrases may be used interchangeably in these Terms, as well as on our website, and/or in the Online Campuses through which Courses are delivered:
"course" and "program/programme"
"participant", "student", “therapist” and "learner"
"course material", "course content" and "program/programme material"
"Tutor" and "Instructor"
“Head Tutor” and “Head Instructor”
“Markers” and “Assessors”
"Honour Code" and "Code of Conduct"
“Certificate”, “Certificate of Completion”, “Certificate of Attendance”, and/or “Certificate of Participation”
“Course Prospectus”, “Programme Prospectus”, “Program Brochure” and/or “Course Brochure”
If your participation in a Course is being paid for by a third party, such as a sponsor or your employer (“sponsor”), then you will be bound by all provisions in these Terms (including payment provisions).
A. Accessing PAAA
Acceptance: By clicking on the "I have read and agree to the terms and conditions of this page as follows" button when signing up for a Course, you agree to be bound by these "Terms", which include, by reference, the Policies.
- Accurate information: All information (including personal information) provided to us on registration, on creating an account, or while accessing PAAA services and Courses, must be true, accurate and complete. You are also responsible for updating us in the event of a change to your information (for example, your name or address).
- License: Subject to these Terms, and to the payment of any applicable fees, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use our services and products, including all services associated with our Courses, and the Online Campus through which Course content is accessed.
- Suitability of Course: Before registering for any Course, you are responsible for establishing the relevance and suitability of the Course for your individual requirements, through consideration of the information supplied through our Websites, and asking questions, if required. Furthermore, by signing up for the Course, you confirm that you are holding relevant professional education and your learning experience with us is seen by you and/or your employer as an continuous professional education.
- Commencement of Course: You will only receive confirmation of your registration for a Course, and be allowed access to the Online Campus, once you (or your sponsor) have made the required minimum payment for the Course (unless otherwise specifically stated in the information pack relevant to your Course). There may also be a delay of access to the Online Campus until you are formally enrolled in our records, or until the Course commences as per your selected Course commencement date.
- Minors: You will not be allowed to register for a Course if you are under the age of 18.
B. Course requirements
- Basic requirements: In order to register in, receive certain support, and complete a Course you must be proficient in English (as well as the language the applicable Course is primarily offered in) and you will need a current valid email account and access to a computer and the internet. You should be familiar with using a computer and accessing the internet, as you may need to be able to read documents in Adobe PDF Reader, view Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, and read and create documents in Microsoft Word. You can download Adobe Reader here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO
- Browser requirements: We recommend that you use Google Chrome as your internet browser when accessing our website. Although this is not a requirement, we have found that this browser performs best for ease of access to Course material. This browser can be downloaded from the following website: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/.
- Additional requirements: Certain Courses may require additional software and resources. These additional software and resource requirements will be communicated to students upon registration and/or at the beginning of the Course. Please note that Google, Vimeo, Zoom, and YouTube may be used in our Course delivery, and if these services are blocked in your jurisdiction, you may have difficulty in accessing Course content – we strongly recommend that you check with us before registering for a Course if you have any concerns about this affecting your experience with us.
- Identification: During the Course presentation, you may be required to verify your identity with an official identity document, which reflects the name provided upon registration, for authentication and record purposes. Acceptable forms of identification include an identity document (national ID card), passport, government- or state-issued driver's license (US, UK, Australia and New Zealand only), state or province ID card, or birth certificate. PAAA makes use of a third-party identity verification service. If identification verification is required for your Course, non-submission of valid identification in accordance with standard verification processes will result in either restricted access to parts of the Course, or your Certificate being withheld upon your successful completion of a Course. If you undergo a name change during the presentation of a Course, you will be required to communicate this to us. The name provided by you in the identity document that you have submitted will be the name that appears on any credentials that may be issued to you on your successful completion of a Course.
- Disclaimer: You are obliged to source and obtain access to the necessary software and resources required for Course completion at your own cost, and we won't be held liable for any consequences of the use of such software or resources. We do not sponsor or endorse, nor are we affiliated with, the entities responsible for software and resources unless expressly stated otherwise – these are simply programs chosen for their global use patterns and effectiveness for the Course outcomes. We may change the Course requirements for a particular Course at any time by advising you through the applicable Online Campus or by email to your chosen email address.
- Education Records: PAAA shall have discretion to deny your registration for the Course, remove you from the Course, suspend your activity on the Course, or withhold your credentials upon successful Course completion, on the basis of outstanding fees owing to us, misconduct or other lawful impediment.
C. Course delivery
- Language: English is the primary language of instruction and administration for all Courses, and all coursework that is required for assessment purposes must be written in English, unless indicated otherwise. This includes posts made on the discussion forums. Courses offered in a language other than English have been translated from English. When a Course is presented in a different language (e.g., Spanish or French), all coursework that is required must be written in the language of the Course, or in the language identified to you by our team and/or Head Tutor / Head Instructor (roles discussed below). Further details on the language, and any applicable assessment submission requirements, will be set out in the Course prospectus.
- Online Platform: Your Online Platform can be assessed using the "Online Platform" website link provided to you with your login details. All Course-related documentation is provided in electronic format and can be accessed through your Online Platform.
- Communications: You may receive communication by telephone, email or text message from PAAA representatives for Course administration and related purposes, including reminders of assessments and payments due by you, or other information related to your registration or these Terms. You agree and consent to receipt of such communications(although you may opt-out of any generic marketing communications that are unrelated to Course administration, at any time, through the supplied opt-out mechanism).
- Access to the Online Platform: Upon your successful enrolment for a Course, a profile will be set up for you in the applicable Online Platform (or, if you already have a profile, you will use your existing profile for the new Course). If you are suspended from participation in a Course (for non-payment of fees or any other valid reason), we may suspend access to your profile on the applicable Online Platform. Please note that there may be some time delay between registration and enrolment, but not longer than 72 hours.
- Permitted use: Only students who are registered for a Course may participate in that Course. You may not divulge your username or password to any other person, permit any other person to participate in the Course on your behalf, and/ or impersonate any other person in dealing with PAAA or when accessing your Online Platform by using another student's username and password. If you forget your username or password, we will only take such steps that we regard as being secure to ensure that you regain access to your profile.
- Your responsibility in the event of unauthorized use: You agree that you will contact us immediately if you experience any unauthorized use of your profile details. You are responsible for the use of your profile in your Online Platform, and for maintaining it and all information on it. We take security seriously, but as the user, you accept all risks of any unauthorized access that could occur regarding your information.
- Access disputes: If there is a dispute as to who has the right to operate a profile in an Online Platform, we may suspend the profile and deny access to the profile pending the outcome of the dispute to our satisfaction, and/or transfer the profile to the party claiming a right to it if we are satisfied that the profile was registered on behalf of that party.
- Prohibited use: You are prohibited from doing the following:
- Making available copies of the Course content on a network server or web server for use by others;
- Using, displaying or otherwise making available the Course content (or any portion thereof), or any other materials, to third parties in an electronic or print format that enables it to be downloaded or distributed to any third party via a mobile device, or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement, or enabling the distribution of the Course content by any other means;
- Sublicensing, reselling, renting, lending, assigning, ceding, donating or otherwise transferring or distributing the Course content or your rights granted to you under these Terms;
- Reverse engineering, decompiling, or disassembling any software that is contained within Course content or on the Online Platform; and
- Removing any notice of copyright, trademark or any other proprietary right from any place where it is displayed on or embedded in the Course content (an example of this would be to edit the IPTC data).
- Platform capability: Although Online Platform is designed to provide you streamlined learning experience on all mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets, we strongly suggest that you may still require access to a desktop computer or a laptop computer in order to participate in online learning. You will be responsible for the cost of internet access and of any upgrades required to your computer or mobile device yourself.
- External websites: Certain Courses may require you to use external websites. PAAA is not responsible for technical support for any external websites. If you have any queries relating to external websites, contact the support services of the relevant websites directly (although you may request assistance from our Team through the Online Platform). PAAA will not be liable for any costs, claims or damages that you may suffer as a result of your use/misuse of, or failure to access, any external website.
- Videos and live sessions: Videos and live sessions (when applicable) are provided in the majority of Course modules. These videos and live sessions act as tutorials and lectures for the topics covered in the specific modules and are compulsory unless otherwise stipulated. If you are using a slower internet connection, attempts to view these videos or live sessions may be difficult. Please ensure your internet connection is adequate.
- Head Tutor/Instructor and Tutors: The Head Tutor / Head Instructor and Tutors provide guidance on Course content and academic-related queries on all Courses that are 4 weeks or longer. Interactions with these Head Tutors / Head Instructors and Tutors occur only on the discussion forum on your Online Platform. Head Tutors and Tutors will not be available for queries by WhatsApp or email and will respond to queries on the discussion forum on such days of the week and during such times as stipulated on your Online Platform.
D. Course assessments for certain Courses
- Modules: For all Courses with a duration of 4 weeks or more, each Course consists of modules that are delivered over a specified period of time through the applicable Online Platform. Modules may include assignments that count towards the final Course result.
- Assignment submission: Where applicable, assignments are due on the date and time as indicated in the Course calendar or as otherwise indicated by your Tutor. Usually, you will be given a full week (including the weekend) to complete and submit assignments. If you are not able to meet an assignment deadline, you are required to request an extension in line with the process outlined in the paragraph below. Any queries relating to your previous assignment that will affect the submission of your next assignment should be asked on your Online Platform discussion forum.
- Late submission of assignments: To apply for an assignment extension, you must submit a request through your Online Platform prior to the submission deadline of such assignment.
- Holidays and work trips: Allowances for late submission of assignments may not be made if you are away on holiday or on a work trip. The Course dates are clearly provided to you before a Course commences, and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are able to complete the Course by submitting assignments on time.
- Course completion: Your completion status may be subject to a moderation process. If you have outstanding fees or amounts owing, your certificate will be withheld until such time as your fees have been settled in full.
E. Student conduct
- General rules: All students are required to adhere to an Honour Code, which must be accepted in the Orientation Module for each Course. A breach of the Honour Code will constitute a breach of this Agreement.
- Handbooks and Honour Codes: Handbooks, Honour Codes, rules and other materials speaking to matters such as learning integrity and conduct will be made available through your Online Platform, and you will be obliged to abide by the terms of such additional materials.
- Plagiarism: Plagiarism can be defined as the intentional or unintentional use of another's work without providing reasonable and appropriate credit to the author or source of the work. PAAA expects that you must take responsibility for your own work.
F. Pricing, payment and delivery
- Course fees: When you register for a Course, you agree to pay the applicable Course fee and such other amounts as may be due by you arising from your participation in the Course.
- Tax Invoices in electronic format: You hereby consent to the receipt of an invoice from Pro-Age Aesthetics Academy Ltd (or its nominee), which shall be sent to you in electronic format to the email address that you provided upon registering for a Course. All invoices shall reflect the methods of payment that will be accepted in payment of such invoice.
- Bank charges: If any bank charges, wire fees and/or other costs are levied on or added to a payment made by you to us from any country or jurisdiction, you will be liable for all such bank charges, fees and/or additional costs.
- Payment of VAT and other Taxes: Any VAT or other applicable taxes payable in addition to the Course fees will be identified in your invoice or information pack and such amounts are your sole responsibility, unless the contrary is stated.
- Payment reference: When making payment to us, you must ensure that your invoice number (to which the payment relates) is reflected on your payment. We will not be held liable if we are unable to locate your payment, and as a result you are suspended from participation in a Course.
- Promo codes: If you have been provided with a promo code and you would like to make use of it when you register for a Course, you will have to indicate this on our Website when registering for the relevant Course (where indicated), and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this promo code. Should you register without utilizing the promo code, the promo code will become redundant and you will not be entitled to receive the benefit of the promo code, including a refund of any part of the Course fee, once payment has been received by us. Promo codes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Consequences of non-payment: If you or your sponsor fail to make the minimum required payment for a Course by the due date for payment (as agreed during registration and recorded in the invoice), then we may, in our sole discretion, remove you from the Course or suspend your participation in the Course. If you are suspended from participation, you will not be permitted to access the applicable Online Platform until such time as we have received the outstanding payment that has fallen due. The party responsible for the payment of the invoice will be given a period of time within which to rectify non-payment and if payment is not made within the given additional period of time, then we may cancel your registration and remove you from the course and you will not be entitled to any refund.
- Outstanding fees: If your Course fees are not settled in accordance with any agreed payment terms, we will also not issue any letters or Certificates confirming completion of the Course.
- Dispute: If there is a dispute about payment of any Course fee (or any portion thereof), or the way in which you use your Online Platform or the Website, we may at our sole discretion suspend your participation in the Course for the period of the dispute.
G. Cancellations and Postponements
- Course postponement: No postponements will be permitted for Courses of 3 weeks or less. If you wish to postpone your participation in a Course (for Courses of 4 weeks or longer), you can postpone your participation to any confirmed presentation of that Course or any other confirmed Course presented. In order to postpone your participation in a Course, you will need to contact your Head Instructor to discuss your request. Your Head Instructor will consult with you to discuss your request and assist you in reaching an informed decision before confirming your Course postponement. Should you decide to go ahead with your postponement request, you will be required to complete and submit a postponement application form (which will be provided to you by Head Instructor). If your sponsor is your employer, you will not be permitted to postpone your participation in the Course without the written approval of your sponsor. Please note that a postponement in a Course will only be permitted once and no repeat postponements will be permitted. All applications for Course postponements must be made before the release of Module 3 of your Course. If you postpone your participation to a different course with a higher Course fee than the cost of the Course for which you initially registered, you will be invoiced for the difference in fees, and will only be given access to this Course once you have paid the minimum financial obligation that has been set out in the invoice. If you are postponing your participation to a different course with a lower Course fee than the cost of the Course for which you initially registered, we will refund you the difference. We do not guarantee that future presentations will be held and if you choose to postpone your participation in a Course you do so at your own risk. Assignments (where applicable) that have been completed up until the date of the postponement will not be credited to you upon re-registration.
- Cancellation of Course registration: If you wish to cancel your participation in a Course, you will need to contact your Head Instructor to discuss your cancellation request. Your Head Instructor will consult with you to discuss your request and assist you in reaching an informed decision. Should you decide to go ahead with your cancellation request, you will be required to complete and submit a cancellation of registration application form (which will be provided to you by your Head Instructor). If your sponsor is your employer, you will not be permitted to cancel your participation in the Course without the written approval of your sponsor.
- Refunds for Courses of 3 weeks or less: No refunds will be issued for requests submitted after 3 working days of you getting an access to the Course materials.
- Refunds for Courses of 4 weeks or more: A full refund of the Course fee (or such portion paid to PAAA in terms of a payment plan) less Administration fee of USD100 will be processed if you complete and submit the ‘Change Registration’ request form to cancel your participation in a Course before the release of Module 3 of your Course. After the release of Module 3, no refunds will be processed for cancellation of course registration. If your Course fee has been paid by a sponsor, the refund of the Course fee will be made to your sponsor. If your sponsor is your employer, you will not be permitted to cancel your participation in the Course without the prior written approval of your sponsor, which written approval will need to accompany your cancellation request. If you have requested a postponement for a Course and thereafter elect to cancel during the presentation to which you have postponed your participation, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Insufficient demand: We reserve the right to cancel a Course if there is insufficient demand, as determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion. In this case, you will receive a full refund, but no interest will accrue on any amounts refunded to you and any applicable bank charges will be offset against the refunded amount.
- Certificates: Certificates of Completion (as described in the applicable Course information pack) will be issued for Courses of 4 weeks or longer. A Certificate of Completion will be issued to you in your legal name that you provide to us during the registration process, or pursuant to section F.8, following your successful completion of a Course in accordance with the stipulated requirements for the award of a Certificate. No Certificate will be issued to you if you have not met the minimum stipulated requirements for the award of a Certificate. No changes can be made to the standard form or wording of a Certificate for any reason whatsoever. Certificates will be issued in English, unless indicated otherwise inside the Online Platform or in the applicable Course information packet.
- Physical Certificate delivery: If applicable, PAAA will courier your physical Certificate to your street address provided to us during the registration process or such other address you have nominated pursuant to section H.3 below, unless you opt-out of receiving a physical Certificate. PAAA cannot be held liable if you provide an incorrect address or if no address is given and cannot guarantee the delivery date and time of your Certificate. If your Certificate is not delivered to you within three (3) months from PAAA issuing you with a tracking code, it is your responsibility to notify PAAA of the non-delivery. If you opt-out of receiving a physical Certificate, you will not be able to request a physical Certificate at a later stage.
- Nominating a third party address: Should you choose to nominate a third party to receive or collect your printed Certificate on your behalf, this will be done at your own risk, and PAAA won't be held liable for any loss, damage or theft arising from this nomination.
- Certificate return and reroute: If a printed Certificate is returned to our offices, you will be contacted and informed of the return. Certificates returned due to being unclaimed by the designated recipient will be re-sent by courier at your written request, and you will be liable for the cost of re-sending the Certificate. Should an incorrect or outdated address be provided by you and a delivery reroute is necessary, you will be held liable for the cost for said reroute.
- Duplicates and Digital Certificates: Your Digital Certificate will be issued to you upon your successful completion of the Course, and no duplicate Certificates will be issued to you or your sponsor.
- Certificate reprints: A reprint of your printed Certificate will only be issued to you if your Certificate has been destroyed, irretrievably lost or, subject to section H.2 above, not delivered to you at no fault of your own. You will be charged for the courier/ shipping fee for the delivery of the reprint, as well as such other fees as determined by us from time to time, and you will be required to submit satisfactory evidence of the destruction or irretrievable loss of the original Certificate.
- Certificate Errors: If you receive your Certificate with a printing error, you are required to notify us as soon as possible, and return the erroneous Certificate to us before an amended version will be issued to you. We cannot be held liable for printing errors resulting from incorrect personal student information provided to us by you or your sponsor. Any Certificate changes or reprints requested after a three (3)-month period from when you received your Certificate will be charged for.
- Withheld Certificates: If you are eligible for the award of a Certificate, your Certificate may be withheld by PAAA in the following circumstances:
- If you owe outstanding fees to PAAA, (whether for a short course or another program) your Certificate may be withheld until such time as your fees have been settled in full.
- If you fail to successfully verify your identity when identity verification is a requirement for the Course, your Certificate will be withheld until such time as you have successfully verified your identity.
I. Limitation of liability and indemnity
- No liability for Course outcomes: We will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any costs, claims, damages, or loss that you may sustain or suffer as a result of registering for and/or participating in any Course (or other services offered by us) which is not relevant, suitable or does not meet your requirements, and/or the requirements of any relevant industry or commercial body. Under no circumstances do we guarantee your suitability for a particular Course based on the levels of difficulty. We cannot, under any circumstances, be held liable to you for any costs, claims, damages or loss, if after the completion of a Course you are not able to obtain employment or a promotion within your chosen field of study, or attain any other outcome you may believe completing a Course will assist you to attaining.
- Limitation of liability: With the exception of our wilful misconduct, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that we will not be liable for any cost, claims, damages, including, without limitation, indirect, extrinsic, special, penal, punitive, exemplary or consequential loss (such as loss of profits, business, goodwill, revenue or anticipated savings) or other damages of any kind, penalties, actions, judgments, suits, expenses, disbursements, fines or other amounts that you or any third party might suffer relating to or arising from these Terms, your participation in a Course, or the termination of a Course, for any reason, whether or not anyone anticipated or should have anticipated that damages would occur. In no event will PAAA's aggregate liability to you for any and all claims exceed the total amount of fees received by PAAA from you in the six months preceding any cause of action.
- Acknowledgment: You acknowledge and agree that the disclaimers and limitations of liability set forth in these Terms reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk between you and PAAA, and that these limitations are an essential basis to our ability to make services available to you on an economically feasible basis.
- Time constraint: You agree that, to the extent permissible by applicable law, any cause of action related to these Terms or PAAA's services or Courses must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action comes into being. If not, such cause of action shall be permanently barred.
- Indemnity: Subject to any applicable laws, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless in respect of any claim that a third party might bring against us that relates to or arises from these Terms arising from your registration for and/ or participation in a Course. This indemnity includes claims arising from your use of the Online Platform in a way that does not comply with these Terms or the unauthorized or prohibited access of your profile by a third party. This indemnity also includes all liability or loss that we might suffer as a result of a claim, including legal costs on the highest permissible scale and any additional legal and collection costs.
J. Interruption of PAAA Websites or Online Platform
- Interruption of service: You acknowledge and agree that from time to time, the PAAA Website and/or your Online Platform may be inaccessible or inoperable, by reason of one or more of the following:
- Equipment malfunctions or faults;
- Periodic maintenance procedures, downtime, or repairs that we may undertake from time to time; or
- Causes beyond our control, including, without limitation, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission links, attacks on the network and network congestion or other failures.
- No breach: Such interruption to the accessibility of the PAAA Website or applicable Online Platform will not be deemed a breach of this Agreement under any circumstances whatsoever and we will not, under any circumstances, be liable to you for any costs, claims or damages that you may sustain or suffer as a result of any interruption, inoperability or inaccessibility of the PAAA Website and/or applicable Online Platform.
- Security: We will use commercially reasonable measures to secure our system and your profile in the Online Platform, and related information, however, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. You undertake to notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account.
K. Intellectual property
- Reservation of rights: Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the HTML, text, graphics, audio clips, video clips, source and/or object code and all other works (including trading marks and names) contained on the Website and/or Online Platform or otherwise provided to students by PAAA, is owned by us or licensed to us, and we assert and reserve all of our rights in this regard. Access to or use of our services and Courses will not in any way result in an assignment or license of any intellectual property owned by us or any other party.
- Student content: The services and Courses may enable you to share your own content, including assignments, with PAAA, Head Tutors, Instructors, Tutors, the Team, and fellow students. You retain all intellectual property rights in, and are responsible for, the content that you share, however you specifically agree and consent that we shall be entitled to use (in our discretion) all content shared by you on the applicable Online Platform for internal research and development, Course improvement and non-commercial purposes. In relation to specific Courses, a policy statement on intellectual property sharing may be included in the applicable Online Platform for further guidance to you in the sharing of your ideas and assignments. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to ensure the proper protection of your student intellectual property – if your student intellectual property will be best protected by way of trade secret, or you have not filed for protection of your protectable intellectual property, then non-disclosure may be an essential protection. We cannot, and do not, guarantee that any intellectual property shared on an Online Platform or otherwise through the Website will not be used by other students.
L. Warranties and disclaimers
- Disclaimers: To the extent permissible under applicable laws, all services, Courses and their content are provided "as is” without representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in respect thereof, and in particular, we make no representations or warranties regarding the quality of the Course content or the fitness of the Course content for the purpose for which you acquired it.
M. Termination of participation in a Course
- Modifying and terminating services: We are constantly changing and improving our services and Courses. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop our service altogether, giving enrolled students reasonable prior notice of any material changes. You may also discontinue your use of our services and Courses at any time.
- Breach: If you breach these Terms and fail to remedy the breach within seven (7) days after receiving a written notice, we may terminate your participation in the Course for which you are registered, and you will not be entitled to a refund of any portion of the Course fee. We shall furthermore be entitled to immediately suspend your access to the Online Platform in the event of a material breach of these Terms, as determined in our sole discretion, pending an investigation into the relevant conduct.
N. Complaints and dispute resolution
- General complaints policy: Whether it is positive or negative, PAAA encourages feedback from students. Where this feedback is a complaint about our Course, product or service offering, or our conduct, we are committed to addressing the complaint in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Speak up: Should you wish to lodge a complaint, you are required to submit this through “Contact us” page of our Website. We will strive to ensure that anyone giving feedback is treated with the utmost courtesy and respect, and in return, we expect that anyone giving feedback or making a complaint will do so in a fair and appropriate manner. Where we determine that a complaint is abusive, unreasonable, or a student is unreasonably pursuing a complaint that has previously been investigated, we reserve our rights in relation to our response, and in particular, may elect not to pursue the procedure set out below.
- Review and investigation: Once a complaint has been lodged through our website, we will investigate and attempt to address the matter in question. At this stage, you may be required to provide supporting documentation or other evidence that may be relevant. We will endeavour to address complaints within five (5) working days (although this may not always be possible depending on the nature and severity of the complaint). In all cases, we will maintain open channels of communication and provide feedback or updates on the progress of the investigation. If a complaint cannot be addressed at its first stage, either party may request that the matter be escalated to Dispute and dealt with according to clause N.4 of this agreement.
- Disputes: If a mutually-satisfactory outcome, course of action, or conclusion cannot be reached following from the complaints procedure, or any other kind of dispute arises between us, then you agree that it will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and, to the extent compliant with applicable law, exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in London, United Kingdom. As a consumer you may benefit from the right to bring an action in the courts of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your rights to bring a claim in the courts of the country in which you are resident. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Terms, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of PAAA, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of United Kingdom without giving effect to any conflict of laws provisions therein. As a consumer, you may benefit from certain mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions, including this 'Disputes' clause, affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
- Nothing in this section will restrict our right to apply to a competent court for relief should our intellectual property rights be violated or threatened, or where otherwise appropriate to obtain urgent, injunctive or equitable relief.
- PAAA's details: These terms are a contract between you and Pro-Age Aesthetics Academy Ltd and certain of its affiliates depending on which Course you have purchased. Pro-Age Aesthetics Academy Ltd is a limited liability company registered at 65 London Wall, London EC2M5TU, United Kingdom.
- Entire agreement: These Terms, together with the Honour Code and Policies, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and PAAA concerning your registration for and participation in a Course.
- Revision of Terms: We reserve the right to revise these Terms (including Policies) at our sole discretion from time to time. These revisions will become effective immediately on being posted to the Website and such Online Platform, however, for all material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes if you are registered for a Course at the time when such changes come into effect.
- Conflict: If any aspect of these Terms conflicts with any information provided on our Website or in information packs or other Course materials, these Terms will prevail unless expressly stated otherwise.
- Severability: In the event that any part of these Terms is found to be partially or fully unenforceable, this will not affect the application or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms.
- Assignment: These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by PAAA without restriction.
- No indulgence/waiver: If PAAA chooses not to enforce any part of these Terms, this does not mean that it cannot do so at a later time. No waiver of any term shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term.